Wednesday, June 15, 2011

President Obama visits Kasalta Bakery in Puerto Rico

During his recent visit to Puerto Rico, the first by a President since Kennedy in 1961, President Obama visited Kasalta Bakery located in the Ocean Park neighborhood in Old San Juan.

We visited the Kasalta Bakery website, they really have great food.  Check it out:

http://www.kasalta.com

"Medianoche" Sandwich

At Kasalta, President Obama stood at the counter and ordered, accompanied by close friend and advisor Eric Whitaker and senior White House advisor Valerie Jarrett.

“We've got to try some food,’’ President Obama said.

Reading the menu posted on the wall, he said: “This looks pretty good. What do we get here?’’

The President ordered a sandwich called a "Medianoche".  Sounds delicious!


Have you eaten at Kasalta Bakery?  Have you tried the "Medianoche" sandwich?

2 comments:

  1. I'm here right now, place is plastered with signs that he ate there. I ordered a cubanito though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there in July last year, saw the poster of Obama being there, and was told to order what he had ordered. But I tried something else instead with some soup, and later that week ordered some if the best pastries I've ever had in my life. Next time I go, I'll order a "medianoche" which means by the way, "midnight", as Obama did. Gee, I miss that president!!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Comments with Us!